Monday, July 24, 2006

Missed My Opportunity

awkward and misplaced here in this city.
I should have left to a different place or different university in Wisconsin or Seattle. i am a college student with no friends that are true college students, a young adult with no young adult experiences, a unique person in a bland stifling environment (UNO and Omaha are for middle aged mid life crisis family values this is not for a college kid). i want to be young, naive and invincible. all i want is to leave this suburban city-town. in doing so i rushed from high school to career, i love college, the vibe the ideals and the struggles. college fits me and my crazy courious personality. really my college comes in between my jobs. but i never went to true college nor will i continue to go. after i graduate that will be the end until i go back as an adult if i choose. i look at my life and get worried because soon i will be working the 9 to 5. where was my kegger, my poetry reading, my dorm room memory, where was my life experimentation? i have to go to coffee shops by my self or to concerts alone. i dont hear that underground band. i don't hang out with college students i hang out with 40 year old white women or strippers, trust funds and 25 yr olds gay men that act 13. i guess i am unsatisfied but more so, disappointed because my life will always lack giving it the good old college try.

get me out of here! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

3 comments:

BrianJames said...

you're not dead yet.

Brooklyn said...

and how did you not make it into med school again *insert eyes rolling*

BrianJames said...

wow!! Ok. well, not quite seeing how those are the same thing. I was in love with the idea of being a doctor, but sure as hell had no talent for it, and more importantly, had no passion for it. To spend money and time on something that isn't me, doesn't quite make sense. I found what i liked in college, what i was passionate about and decided to pursue it. my quite simple comment was noting that your college career is not over. You can still have your kegger, poetry reading or life experimentation, and perhaps more importantly you can leave Omaha.