Monday, March 26, 2007

Nightmare

So, Jeff prompted a what could be a really bad chain of nightmares. He thinks he wants me to meet his mom. I thought it was one of the good things about being gay, not dealing with meeting the in-laws or uncomfortable thanksgiving dinners. Remember, Southern Baptist, black woman, military made New Yorker. I would rater break up with him than deal, she has caused too much in this relationship as it is. It got me to also think he still doesn’t know how badly I want to end this sometimes and that I am trying to plan a better more cinvientent time to possibly break-up but cant get myself to do it but this cant last forever.
Anyway, I had a nightmare, really three parts different thoughts that all strung together juxtaposing random images and emotions that have been going through my head recently.
First, that I was avoiding Jeff, he had tricked me into saying yes to marrying him, I didn’t want nor would I ever. It was aguish the whole avoiding him and after the miserable ceremony only thing I could say was, “now its going to be sooo much harder to break up with Jeff.” Skip to a new dream, a woman is trapped in a house where a husband has murdered his wife. People there keeping getting visions of the gruesome murder and we need to leave, fearing that the murder will return to kill the witnesses of these visions. But we never leave, we cant leave for some unknown reason, trapped. I even mention: this is stupid to be here we need to go, but never leave. Finally the worst, a snowy day in Omaha, I am driving my little stick shift through the poorly scooped residential streets. Two guy, younger in black snow gear sitting in the road at a four way stop. I don’t think much of it other than: how dumb, stupid suburban teens because they are sitting on the other side of the street. I don’t really slow until I get to the stop sign where I hit a mound of snow and fish tale sideway. It happened so fast, I ran over the two boys see their legs disappear out of my view and under my car. The worst was the heart pounding, deafening THUD!* It was the unmistakable sound fallowed by that bump launched me shooting up and forward into the seat belt. It jolted myself out of sleep early morning and couldn’t get back to bed.

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

well, it happened last night. it was official. i broke it off. it was about time and i havent had the nightmares anymore.
i guess right now i am just listening to Paolo Nutini Last Request... it is beautiful