Thursday, July 31, 2008

This was my exact intervew:

this horror story happened to me too!!!!

the number 2 job nightmare:
Horror Story No. 2: A Nightmare on Elm Street
"I once called regarding an ad for a 'marketing rep.' The interview consisted of walking door to door (in coat and tie) with another employee as we tried to sell car servicing vouchers," Phil G., an account executive, remembers. "He would try to make a sale, and then ask me to try one as part of the interviewing process. In between, my interviewer would ask me questions about my career goals and dreams.

We stopped for lunch at a McDonald’s and he had to borrow money from me so he could eat! The final stage of the interview included a closed-door motivation session with all of the current marketing reps. They sang songs, clapped, and chanted the company motto (which I don't recall). I had to think fast. It was raining that day. I told my coach/interviewer that I had left my car window open. I got up, ran out and never looked back."

Lesson: When scheduling an interview, inquire about the role and location.

http://www.careerbuilder.co.uk

No comments: