Wednesday, April 08, 2009

American Idol's Adam Lambert Ruins Historic Piece of Music

I am sorry, did we already forget how stunning, lingering and evocative Mad World truly is and how it lost ALL meaning.

Can I just say something about this- That song is one of the most brilliant songs written and way before its time and later made infamous by a beautiful, deep, haunting vocals from Gary Jules. Adam blew it he was absolutely undeniable awful and --everyone loved it? I cant believe he got away with such a grisly murder.

Originally written by tears for fears in 1982, the early 80s were incapable sustaining its true musical capacity (performed in an early pop-80’s ‘Tiffany’ sort of way) and it wasn’t truly realized until later versions were released after the grudge era. It is now an Iconic song gracefully looming throughout so many forms of our culture, from Gears of War to Donnie Darko:



The Adam Lambert rendition was a step back for music, why does it sound like he is getting kicked in the balls. It was unnaturally self indulgent, void of meaning and emotion… wow, I mean, that song has power.

I couldn’t believe my ears when I heard it; I was offended as a fan of the song (just check my MySpace page)

That song is beautiful, that song is enduring, that song delivers chills in the first few chords… and that song is not Adam.

Mad Word, Tears for Fears (early conceptual allegro)


Donnie Darko (famous low tempo)


Fuck Face’s (retarded version)

1 comment:

BrianJames said...

Really hasn't American Idol (post Kelly Clarkson) ruined so much about music anyways.