Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I went to try out for the real wolrd...

Today I went on a road trip with my friend Vince. I woke up got around made it to school for my one class then spontaneously decided to go try out for the Real World Key West auditions in a neighboring city. My friend Vince (aka V.D.) and I, the only ones who could do something as spontaneous as that, left just for the hell of it. We knew for a fact we weren’t going to make it on, were not pretty, stupid, drunk and sl utty (well… I am not) but did it just to say “we tried out for the Rea World.... and got rejected.” They were held in Lincoln so I have been meaning to go up and take care of some unfinished business after I swore I would never return. I went to the ipod store (the only one in NE) and then burned like 10 or 12 cds that I have never heard of from my cool emo friend Rebecca.
At the casting is was amazingly uncrowded, thank god for the Nebraska mentality (it aint worth it if I have to get up or expand my comfort space). It was a total blast, for the application we had fill out things like “what is your most embarrassing moment?” which is hilarious to find stuff like that out each other. Eventually, we ended up talking to the sitting next to us (or rather we stole her seat) and then began to talk with a group of people in front of us that had just all recently met too (one of those: this is cool, it seems like I have known you guys forever). Every one there was really funny, good looking, active and honest but also mellow. The best way to describe it was we didn’t make conversations or small talk but had conversations. It created a great atmosphere, I just wanted to take all those people and put them in a party with me or something. Needless to say no one got a call back but it was so fun just meeting strange and different people who were unique and wanted to show the world all while putting your self in an awkward situation. We had to tell things about ourselves to a formal group of 12, and for the first time VD publicly admitted he was gy. After that I chilled a the dorms with Vince’s friends and met more people who were cool. Then about four hours later and a foosball tournament, plates of spaghetti and funny stories traded back and forth me and VD went for the road trip back and sang along to the theme song “Scotty doesn’t know” while we discussed maturity levels and how this is the best day since the summer has ended.
Tomorrow I can’t wait its road trip #2 with me and brian to Kansas City! For the Cold Play concert I hope every one is as excited as me.

1 comment:

Derrick said...

I think I tried out for real world once... but I was not near the sex symbol they wanted. Boo.