Monday, June 12, 2006

Pride is like Christmas for gays

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A HAPPY PRIDE.
I have partied all year round in preparation for this weekend. The weekend started off with the circuit party which I had never gone to before. It was entertaining to see all the family out that you haven’t seen all year. Me, my roommate and his bf went down to party it up. Congrats to Kee Ju and Jeff for getting picked to dance on stage with Thea Austin and promote ur dancing, (sadly I missed her, but heard she was phenomenal, you’ll have heard of her, just look her up). And kinda congrats to muscle brains Ross and Scott for showing those imported gogo boys how to really dance. The night was a bit of a blur and was fun, the only problem is when every one comes to see the Omaha pride you get the bad along with the good, as we left the concert jeff, kee ju and I were sandwiched between JC directly in front and Shamina directly behind (oh she is such a train wreck). On a side note it was funny to see how empty our neighborhood was at night.
The next day our neighbor’s big red house was all a buzz… in the morning, first time every one was up! Me and my roomie went down and met up with Tarrel Brian Kee Ju and Jeff to see Emilia march in the parade. After that Sam and Queen B came down and called off work for the celebration. It was fun to see the booths games and shows. Mrs. Morgan’s performance was AWSOME. Great job back up dancers, who was that cute asian dancing ;-) the other awesome show was, as always the n’joy girls. I missed getting my groove on with sammy, thanx for the dance girl. So sad for all of those who didn’t stay or never came down, at 5 the put on Rent the Musical.
And for dinner a group of us went down to Zio’s where we watched a young gay guy get confused about a napkin or how to use a knife… but its ok, he just bought a pair of glasses at sears that looked like Nicole Richie’s. needless to say that offered hours of jokes for me.
By the time the night came around Amber took the Stage and gave a great performance and she will me pictured on her myspace. My sis also came down and had a blast with me and sam. I stayed at the Flixx and socialized. Then went to an after party at the Tip Top (it is so cliché).
The next day almost rainbowed out it went up to the Q for the closing party and saw a pretty awesome show.

Hope ya’ll had a happy pride.

Reliving pride:
Amber
Thea Austin
N'Joy
The Q

2 comments:

Dance Dance KJ said...

Wow, that was an awesome weekend. I kind of wish I had stayed on Saturday... but on the plus side, I got to see everyone.
I can't wait until next year :D

BrianJames said...

Pride was fun. It usually is after I adjust to my surroundings. Next year will be here before we know it, I'm sure.