Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Delima

Well, right now i am writing from a computer that i have never writen on and writing in a place that i have never written in before. hard to beleive such a place exist for me because i have wrote on nearly every computer in public access Omaha( ...more or less due to my ravenous editing computer at home), but that is because i am not in Omaha, i am in Lincoln. i have not moved yet just here for preperations and enrollment (and most importantly visiting Jobey). UNL appears to be a better school, and i would also be near my sis to help with a a new born, here i would get a "nice" degree, i would be indepedance from parents, and get out of UNO for petty (but powerful) reasons. however i am forced to take a higher level math coures now and take forgien language classes until i graduate, i probably will not land a high enough paying job, i have no roomates (i willy on my own finaces which are ns, and cannot afford the Univ. apts) and cant afford to live on my own and missed almost all my chances to meet and greet people by transfering so late. i know my sis could use me, i'd have a new start, and i would like to get a better education at a better school. so i dont know what to do i can move and loose a lot of money, close friends and my high GPA, or help out close family and recieve a better degree. i dont know what i should do.

4 comments:

Derrick said...

Hmmm... I know my opinion doesn't count for much, but if your reasons for leaving are petty, then stay. It sounds like it is going to be a HUGE financial burden on you, and this is not easily remedied. As for the "better" degree, I get it, but a degree is a degree -- you'll land a job. And finally, as for helping your family, Lincoln is close enough to you to help out when needed.
So, stay... I think.

Brooklyn said...

in all reality, i was hoping for your opinion the most... being the one with the most unbias view, a view like that offers a problem and straight solution. however i do anticipate brians responce knowing that the finacial burden almost out weighs the emotional burden of being in omah... it sux- thats the petty reason, it drives me insane. but $ kind rules all

BrianJames said...

ok, so I think that this is a bit of a dilema, yes. But, I am not sure what to say. I do agree, that a degree is a degree and it is all University of Nebraska, although the argument that UNL is better than UNO is kinda shaky. But, only you can really know, because you go there. But, for good or bad, money rules the day any day and anywhere, and between the costs of moving and finding someone to move in with...it's difficult to say, really. But, I do understand where you're coming from. The one big thing we share is to get the fuck out of Omaha. It is a difficult decision, but if I had to choose I would say that staying might be the better option.

Anonymous said...

hey matty, i kno where ur coming from i did the same thing last year, right along with every tranfer student, to me what you get from an educations is what u put in not whr ya go. all in all it prolly is a better school for you, offers you more, (that is to say in gerneral life experience. you wont always have the safty net of family and friends) the only thing i see here is really a lot of speculation and no fact. who is to say that you wont find a good job or get a room mate (u have already went thru 3 room mates) u are a pesimist but there is only fact in past and present. so the only two fact things that a apply are: u hate omaha and need to leave, and you dont have money. but welcome to every college student! u wont be the only one with loans. besides ur not goin to live at home, i kno that. so the money situation stays here and in lincoln (member ur quiting ur job that u should have benn fired from long a ago) get out while u can. dont b a b*tch