Monday, June 27, 2005

Pride Week Wrap Up

the Parade: hoW IT bEgINs
Today marks the end of pride week! Well it started off with me waking up far too early for my hour and forty five minute trek to the old market in Omaha’s down town. I figured the parade would need what ever support it could get. There I met up with Brian and received the new Cold play cd… not a bad way to start a day (despite the 20 minutes it took to find parking on the opposite side of the city). But brian and I chased after the parade until it hit its end in a large rainbow flavored cheering crowd of leather, Hispanic dancers and purple man wigs…awww.

The Crowd
After me and brian began to trail through the surprisingly large crowd we met up with brian’s friend tejee (?). we all then wandered around the circus of towering drag and pets looking at different tables full of churches, organizations and history- mostly to find the cool sticker for myself. walking through the crowd tej eventually accumulated flags, in which the group of us would be deck out in as we left the concert to head down town for a bite to eat. i didnt get as many looks as i assumed i would with two little flag sticking out of my jeans. *shout out* we ended up at delice, possibly the best desserts in the whole midwest, if u ever visit omaha, u need to go to delice. after a delightful meal we walk around the old market and fallowed brians suggestion to go into the passage way, a closet like four story atrium, with unique shops and restaurants, there i discovered a small museum that specialized in stitching bronzed skulled together with an exhibit straight out of 'Nightmare before Christmas.’ we wandered around until we found this eden-esc hidden garden oasis surrounded by the city walls, eventually figuring out the puzzles of the bronze statues which aliened with planets. soon after my friend sammy called and back to the celebrations we went. I met my rainbow color gal pal, and the first thing that she wanted (besides the transvestite) was one of the stickers! so it became a mission with only a few minutes left on the clock we found the table… and forced brian to the get the stickers for us, then finished off the afternoon listening to the live guitar show. I left happy, satisfied and a half an hour late for work… well I was happy til some homeless guy stole my sticker and lost my flag.

That Awful Night
After an eventful afternoon I was eager go back downtown to see the night crowd (it was around 11 or so) there I met up with two different character bryan and Jordan, then was introduced to a nice soon to be classmate jc. We sat in a craptastic tex mex restaurant so that b could have some margaritas while we wait for the club to open for us minors. I must say I was a little envious of drunkass b. after getting bored and striping for a bachlorett party, me and jc left to go “take a pole”and then took the group down a twisted adventure of back allies and station parking lots. Half way through the walk every one had to go so jc finds an ugly Sion box car, and lets it flow. Right then the lights start to blink, but no car alarm. Soon you see two large leather guys from the club with a remote starter headed towards jc. I ran.
The guys were cool though. We regrouped and began to wait in line for … the run. The biggest sh*t hole club in the ground u’ll eva see. We get in, b and j are off, jc hang out kiss gratuitously, b get lost and jc finds some desperate (see quote of the week) and I am left standing admits the group of unsightly vain night-crawlers *shutter* havin the nerve to hit on me. So I sit on the curb outside and talk to whomever is up at 2 am. I decide that the night sucks and I want to go so I go back to the door, where the body guard stops, gets an attitude (he hated me so some reason) and tells me to go to the end of the line. And who is at the end of the line, none other than my ex LaKendrick.. oops I mean “Drew.” So I would have to go around wait behind him and the old guy he was with, cold and alone, for an hour. The femme b*tches might be good for something b/c the ones in the front convinced the bodyguard to allow me in this once. I go in and say my good byes and stormed out. Of course the other 3 very quickly fallowed, except jc. i sat and talked on the side walk as jc stood behind and rubbed my shoulders and rested his thigh against the back of my head. As the conversation went on he slow sat down and slipped underneath me movin his hands down (while rolled my eyes and texted omar back). Then a convertible squeals in and its no other than desperate . Jc jumps up throwing me back to the concrete, (its all right ya’ll I saw it comin and elbowed him in the shin). I didn’t get home until 5 and the sun was up and I was in.

Today: HOw iT eNds
Today I went back to see the end of the Summer Festival and celebrate my own private end of pride week. I wondered around the live music venues and art showcases and didn’t brake a thing. It was a beautiful day and right off of the large central park. Around lunch I got hungry and found a large blue bunny vender, I figured $3 get 3 scoops of ice cream… it ended up being 2 pints. It was hot out so I had to eat fast, so with in a few minutes I had a stomach ache and brain freeze. I was happy it was me and my best friend ice cream sitting in the shape watch people dance to austalian music. I found another little hidden museum again but had no one to go in with, so ill save it for anther time.

5 comments:

Brooklyn said...

eventally ill get some fun pics up for the day if i down load teh stuff or i just do it on another comp. you can also just click on the names of the places to see what they look like or located.

Derrick said...

wow... that's quite a story. Glad to hear you are still ticking after all that!!

BrianJames said...

Ahhh... I remember it well. Oh, and it's Kee-Ju. But...you know....you were....kinda, semi-quasi close-ish.

Brooklyn said...

uh?

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad Matt. Brian used to call Kee-ju "Pika-chu" like on Pokemon.