Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Feild trip

I was able to go to the zoo yesterday, wahoo. I hadn’t been there in a long time and for those of you who don’t know, Omaha has the second largest zoo in country. Its actually quit state of the art… more so because there were elevators everywhere so I never had to climb a hill (that was especially good for omar, whos goal went from seein the big kitties to finding the closest bench). It was a pretty good time, i saw the bear, caves, SNAKES, and penguins, my favorite. it was perfect weather, which was to my surprise that nothing even went horribly wrong, like getting mauled by an emu. The best part was the zoo was almost totally empty (hmm, well maybe that wasn’t such a good thing because I though about jumping into the cage of sea lions on more than one occasion). But there was no ugly s, no annoying kids or nothing. It was cool and we left an hour after the zoo closed, most of the employees had even gone but I was getting my moneys worth! After that I ate at Zestos (Mmmmm) and was served by a kid with delightful turrets. i had a big footlong hot dog. Well, I had one after I had to sit and watch two get eaten by O while I was starving (yea that’s right two foot long, I know). But when I finally got mine I devoured it:-) I was actually a lot more messy than I planned and practiced for. I had beef chilly cheese smeared across the back of my hand, nose and jammed in my finger nails and caught in my cuticles which I could not get out! I was almost forced to get a manicure after that episode but with a lot of trimming and scraping I got ride of most the beef stains. ymm, quick sout out if your ever in town stop by Zesto's right by the Zoo, its a Omaha land mark.


1 comment:

Derrick said...

Love your zoo. But I haven't been there since like 1989. And you having a footlong... how dirty (on more than one level). :)