Monday, November 07, 2005

Jet and Jar

On Saturday I went to go see blue October as many of you know. I went with Gooch and his girlie friend, Melissa, Charles and Sharon who all loaded into the Sokol Underground. I was running late so I walked in as the opening band, Seffrajet, was finishing up their set and I went into the beer line, $4 per bottle. After that, Blue October took the stage and fucking rocked! I had known their music and many of my friends had CDs but I never officially bought one. But even no knowing the lyrics or the songs I still had an awesome time and became a major fan. God, I love good live music. After the concert I hung out back stage with the bands and was invited to their after party VIP room (FULL OF FREE FOOD!) in an Iowa bar. This happened because my friend Sharon wanted to buy a poster, so I stat at the end of the merchant table while she waited in line. Then a lady asked if would help her carry a box and I was like 'sure' (didn’t want to be rude). So, I picked up the box and fallowed and she lead me back stage. While I was doing the I looked down and saw it was a bunch of poster for the opening band in the box, then I quickly realized that the girl I was helping was the lead singer for the band. after I dropped off the box in the dressing room, she gets out 2 poster and passes them around then offers my free drinks (fuck yea!). Then she gives me the two posters one signed by Seffrajet and the other signed by Blue October and asked if I wanted to come to the bar. uh, duh, so my adventure continued and at 12:30 Sharon and I were off to Iowa! and then we got horribly, sadly, pitifully Lost. But I gave up and decided to just drive straight, and to my surprise it worked. we just ended up at the bar (no thanks to the 3 completely wrong directions from people). We fought to get some drinks and eventually found the band, the lead singer a little wasted got my number and tried to kiss me on my check, but missed… and made out with my right eye. so we left at like 2:15 went back to the dorms where I got to see a wasted Sharon smear lipstick over her face, and saw Fernando's new game of jumping on furniture to Spanish pop music and talked to Omar over the phone (there was not a sober soul in a 10 mile radius of me). but I made home before 3 so it was all good.
Look into It: Seffrajet and Blue October
the next day after locking myself away in the library to get a head on my work, I got out and went to dinner with John and Adam. ok, filets are way too small, I was about to order two but that would have been impolite. I also had some really good ice cream with chocolate and vanilla liquore (it was good, but even the ice cream was alcohol with these guys). Then went to Jarhead, it was a good movie. Don’t expect one of those over the top hero epics, but a more realistic image of shit which is what made it so good. It was great, I would defiantly suggest it, a little slow in some part but and incredible character development, it is so gradual and realistic the you don’t even notice the man's change until you look back at the film. However, I have my suspicions that the movie was just propaganda for Jake's ass. Loved the field fuck scene, seriously see it. I would give it
*****

3 comments:

Derrick said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Derrick said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Derrick said...

sorry bout the deleted comments! I was drunk and made some dumb ass remarks. I'll try to be a better drunk next time. :)