Sunday, July 03, 2005

My Memoirs

Today marked my official separation from the grand Omaha Marriott. this reminds me of all the interesting memories that i have had while working there (excluding all the write ups from bosses and verbal whippings from 'guests' and lyrd skinard) my first and most propionate memory is of the hookers or as we called them "army of the night" they sure knew how to drain the cash out of our atm machines. God bless them hard working girls that wont live past 30.

Another great memory is when the rodeo came to visit, i walked into the hotel that day and did my first check, quickly realizing the obvious rodeo. the large tough scruffy guy came up to me gave his name with a flick of the wrist and a hint of a lisp. 'aww' i thought 'i bet this is the one gay cowboy in denial, all alone.' i then check the next cowboy in line, equally as tough and rugged he gave me his name in a strong tone. while doing the check-in i noticed a small boot button in rainbow color... i looked behind him and there was a cowboy in a sash from "Mrs Tennessee" and a big purple hat fluttered behind him... i quickly began to realize what the hell was going on. GAY RODEO and i was caught in the middle (not that i am complaining). it was interesting getting these manly hairy rough men to their rooms and then see them emerge from the elevators all hair, heels, lashes and lipstick. my A.D.D. goes crazy with a group of well glittered drag queens. granted this wasn’t with out its drawbacks, i am a public position and there for open to stamens and yes, propositions. (ex: "wheres a good steak restaurant-i always like some fresh meat" *wink* "sounds good make a reservation for two" "at what time, “well what time do u get off" "oh dont worry i'll get u off." if u know me you know me my greatest annoyance in geting hit on. but wait the plot thickens, we had one other group staying with us in the hotel that weekend, none other than... Brighamyoung alumni-. full of elderly, wealthy, white, conservative, Mormons, just as the drag show ended the Brighamyoung buss pulled up. it was full of awkward stares, confusion, and glances of 'look at those freaks' from the queens.
Months later i remeber when the 3 biggest flamers walked into the hotel, as i normally do when i see such monstrosities i roll my eyes and look busy. the girl beside me checked them in, after she finished and they left she began to laugh and saying ‘oh my gawd’. i was like 'i kno, flaming so much they bout set off the fire alarm.' she said no that was clay akin... now i always had suspicions but know idea it was that bad, my god they hid that well on tv. ps one guy was the manager and the other surely was the boyfriend, and quite the looker if u ask me.
Another fun time for me was when both Cher and the Village People stayed at the hotel, needless to say I requested the time off due to personal issues.

One of my most favorite experiences was when I met the Black Eyed Peas. They were staying at the hotel and I helped the manager with transportation so he gave me free tickets to the show. Now here’s the funny thing I had five tickets to split amongst my friends... and by the end of the night I still had five tickets left because going to a FREE concert of one best live bands would prove to be too much work. So I begged and was able to get rid of 2 of my tickets then gave the rest away to stagers. The band was cool but some of my friends were not.

One of my most favorite memories is from the wrestling tournament staying at the hotel. So cute but so stupid, they were all college adonis in little spandex. Not to mention none of the teams brought their swim suits so they made due with there boxers and jockey briefs, so that when they got out of the pool it would cling to every curve and craves of their slightly covered wet bodies. My bosses sent me home early that day, apparemtly I couldnt focus and kept making mistakes so they decided it was best if I leave... even if it was against my will.


On of the more fun moments was on New Years day when our Property Management System (or PMS) went down and in the middle of check-ins. So in all the confusion and loss of information I checked some one into a room the had been occupied. Two grandparents walk in on another couple have sex. Oh yea, I was written up for that one.
There will be more as I think of them.

1 comment:

Derrick said...

what a fun job. I personally would have just hung out there during the wrestling thing. Even if the boss sent my ass home early.